School cleaner died of mesothelioma

School Cleaner died of mesothelioma Mrs Hamilton was a cleaner in a school in Durham. She sadly died of mesothelioma in June 2011. The school buildings were CLASP and, according to her solicitor, “large amounts of brown asbestos was damaged” . ‘A COUNCIL says it is managing and monitoring asbestos in its schools, after it agreed to pay compensation for the death of a cleaner following exposure to the deadly fibres….Mrs Hamilton worked as a cleaner at Belmont Comprehensive School, Durham, in the mid-1980s, when industrial illness lawyer Philip Thompson, who represents her husband, says not only was there asbestos present, but large amounts of brown asbestos was damaged and therefore likely to give off deadly loose fibres.’